Schwinn Streamliner Black and White

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

oldfart36

I live for the CABE
May 2, 2012
Parsons, United States
Winter Project! The old boy (original owner) had kept this bike since his childhood. Years back, he decided to take the bike apart, with the intention of restoring it (thank god he didn't). The bike has sat in boxes for years since then. After his recent passing, his wife thought it was time to let the bike go.

123_1.jpeg

123_1(2).jpeg

123_1(3).jpeg

123_1(7) (1).jpeg

oldfart36

I live for the CABE
May 2, 2012
Parsons, United States
The basket/boxed OG paint 54 Streamliner is coming along slow but sure!
Finally fought off the 65 yearold safety tape!
Trying to keep everything just like it was when original owner took it apart 20 years ago. Thank the lord he never had the chance to start restoring it!

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Uni-Bike Lou

Finally riding a big boys bike
May 20, 2015
Hoffman Estates, IL
Is that chainring common for 54 Schwinn’s?

I see a lot of chainrings with the 4 circles.

The reason why I’m asking is that I’m working on Streamliner that is a 1954 or 1956. I want the correct chainring. If anyone could help that would be great.

unregistered

Oct 24, 2018
Is that chainring common for 54 Schwinn’s?

I see a lot of chainrings with the 4 circles.

The reason why I’m asking is that I’m working on Streamliner that is a 1954 or 1956. I want the correct chainring. If anyone could help that would be great.
Although not scientific, I'd suspect the older style pictured above is correct for an S2 equipped heavyweight Streamliner whereas a later, S7 equipped middleweight bike would have the cloverleaf sprocket. Does your bike have S7s or S2s? Getting that SN buttoned down would help a lot, too.

Uni-Bike Lou

Finally riding a big boys bike
May 20, 2015
Hoffman Estates, IL
That helps, I do have S-2 rims. My frame and fork are for the S-2 rims, too. My SN is in both years which I understand is not uncommon. Thanks

Reactions: unregistered

unregistered

Oct 24, 2018
^Ah, I see your dilemma. Being a heavyweight bike, I'd lean on it being more on the '54 side then. Some folks smarter than me can chime in here on which year the Streamliner made the transition to being a middleweight, but I bet you need the older sprocket pictured above.

oldfart36

I live for the CABE
May 2, 2012
Parsons, United States
This Delta is a dellema!
The bottom, and all metal is nice and straight. But you can see the condition of top, visor and visor ring. Sure, I can put a repop top on, but then it's no longer real!

oldfart36

I live for the CABE
May 2, 2012
Parsons, United States
Lots of work trying to keep the ole boy as he was when he was taken apart over 25 years ago and boxed up. The attention to the individual parts is really paying off now (only things replaced are bearings). Beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Last thing will be a wipe down of the painted areas.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!