When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Streamliner Black and White

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
After some TLC, the OG pedals are back to life and help tell the story.

Is that chainring common for 54 Schwinn’s?

I see a lot of chainrings with the 4 circles.

The reason why I’m asking is that I’m working on Streamliner that is a 1954 or 1956. I want the correct chainring. If anyone could help that would be great.

Is that chainring common for 54 Schwinn’s?

I see a lot of chainrings with the 4 circles.

The reason why I’m asking is that I’m working on Streamliner that is a 1954 or 1956. I want the correct chainring. If anyone could help that would be great.

Although not scientific, I'd suspect the older style pictured above is correct for an S2 equipped heavyweight Streamliner whereas a later, S7 equipped middleweight bike would have the cloverleaf sprocket. Does your bike have S7s or S2s? Getting that SN buttoned down would help a lot, too.

That helps, I do have S-2 rims. My frame and fork are for the S-2 rims, too. My SN is in both years which I understand is not uncommon. Thanks

^Ah, I see your dilemma. Being a heavyweight bike, I'd lean on it being more on the '54 side then. Some folks smarter than me can chime in here on which year the Streamliner made the transition to being a middleweight, but I bet you need the older sprocket pictured above.

This Delta is a dellema!
The bottom, and all metal is nice and straight. But you can see the condition of top, visor and visor ring. Sure, I can put a repop top on, but then it's no longer real!

Lots of work trying to keep the ole boy as he was when he was taken apart over 25 years ago and boxed up. The attention to the individual parts is really paying off now (only things replaced are bearings). Beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Last thing will be a wipe down of the painted areas.

Back