When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Streamliner date ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

deepsouth

Finally riding a big boys bike
I picked up this Schwinn Streamliner at the Pedal to the Metal swap meet yesterday. I have a question about the year model. The serial number is C87127. Which would put it in December 1953. It has all the features of a,1954 model. I know the number was used again in 1957 but this color was not available by then. It definitely has not been repainted . So would it be an early 1954? Or a late 1953?
20180303_143518.jpg

heres another og,yours almost look like the decals where put on with the backing still an them
6oa4pBEuaWksDeG-YMqFdw.jpg

for what its worth the 53 catalog shot shows the phantom style light on the front
1953_schwinn_streamliner_starlet.jpg
1953_schwinn_streamliner_starlet.jpg

The SN C87127 was stamped 6/20 - 6/26/1952 and 11/13 - 11/25/1953, then again in 1957. The 1957 Streamliner was a middleweight so you're left with two choices again. A Schwinn with a late November 53 serial number would have been built in 1954.

I picked up this Schwinn Streamliner at the Pedal to the Metal swap meet yesterday. I have a question about the year model. The serial number is C87127. Which would put it in December 1953. It has all the features of a,1954 model. I know the number was used again in 1957 but this color was not available by then. It definitely has not been repainted . So would it be an early 1954? Or a late 1953?View attachment 763605
VERY NICE PICKUP!

Back