When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn suburban.2nd bike i came across

-

Fernando

On Training Wheels
Pretty much looking to see what the price range is for this bike.. Looked it up and came up from 1977.. Looks to be ALL ORIGINAL, except not sure about the fold away baskets it has on sides and the seat dont loom original
20190120_150635.jpg
.. They seem to be original.. Thanks in advance.. Fernando
20190120_150702.jpg
20190120_150711.jpg
20190118_173754.jpg
Capture+_2019-01-20-15-10-35.png
20190118_173718.jpg

The rear rack ( Schwinn part# 01-605) indicates that the frame is 24" . The folding baskets are probably Wald.
In 1977 the Suburbans were equipped with Shimano"s FFS ( Front Freewheel System). A unique , but not really desired set up. I like them , but I'm weird.
2018-09-12_15.06.51.jpg
I paid $22.50 for my '79 FFS Suburban 5 speed ( with the rear rack) at an estate sale in Southern Maryland.
You'll just have to look at CL to see what other people are charging. I don't know what winter is like there in Irving.It cold and wet here, so people aren't thinking of riding bicycles during this time of year, Only CABErs ride in these elements. Anyway... Good luck

When I first joined this site, I was buying Varsity's, Suburbans, Travelers and Continentals on what seemed like a regular basis for prices similar to what "Sven" paid for his. (They always had minor issues, but nothing major). I had built up a collection of them and in the last year was able to move many of them out but still have a few of the initial collection left that are marked as keepers.

I think all these schwinn models give a very pleasant ride. I have not found a male framed one in that price range for over a year now.

Your guys suburbans sure do look great in black. I bet Fernando's will also clean up pretty nicely.

Last edited:
Back