When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Suburban, early 70's...another cheapo find!

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
OK, I know it's a girls Suburban...but I actually bought it initially for the saddle bag, believe it or not...but I saw the strap is broken by the saddle. Oh well!

And it was from photos that I saw how nice the condition was as I looked closer. Decals are near perfect, and paint is pretty remarkable, with no apparent dings or dents. Just dirty from sitting around for years. Heck, even the guard for chain slap is still on the bike. Tires and tubes will be placed on it when I get done with my usual cleaning/detailng, but it should be quite nice when I'm done.

I think I'll hang onto this one for a while...especially since I only paid $30 for it...

IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5674.jpg

IMG_5675.jpg

IMG_5676.jpg

IMG_5677.jpg

IMG_5678.jpg

IMG_5679.jpg

IMG_5680.jpg

IMG_5681.jpg

IMG_5682.jpg

IMG_5683.jpg

IMG_5685.jpg

IMG_5686.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg

IMG_5688.jpg

$30 ...nice score, Fred. The handle bars and grips alone are a lot more
than that.
Looks like Roberts Bicycle is still open
Header.gif
001.JPG

$30 ...nice score, Fred. The handle bars and grips alone are a lot more
than that.
Looks like Roberts Bicycle is still openView attachment 982614View attachment 982615

Thanks @Sven . I should finish the bike and bring it back to them, lol!

Here's a dumb question because its been a while since I replaced tires on a 70's Schwinn...the original tire is still on the back, and reads "Schwinn Tubular S-6". Will a standard 27x1 1/4 fit? I think it will, but I might be getting it mixed up with the 26'' wheeled Post War bikes that needed the special size Schwinn tires I always had to purchase. :)

Last edited:
Thanks @Sven . I should finish the bike and bring it back to them, lol!

Here's a dumb question because its been a while since I replaced tires on a 70's Schwinn...the original tire is still on the back, and reads "Schwinn Tubular S-6". Will a standard 27x1 1/4 fit? I think it will, but I might be getting it mixed up with the 26'' wheeled Post War bikes that needed the special size Schwinn tires I always had to purchase. :)
Yes sir , a 27 x 1 1/4 will definitely fit. Now you have to choose from gum wall, white wall, or black. Or get real funky and choose one of the multi colos also offered.

So far, the only thing that has been replaced since new was the front tire. And, there are a minimum of light scratches on the entire bike, once again showing how little a girls bike was ridden and better cared for.
This is the first chestnut brown Schwinn I've ever had, and I must say it really looks good when polished (I had to do a polishing compound to and area just to see!!). Looking forward to the completion...

Well, she cleaned up very nicely...and still wearing an original back tire!

IMG_5782.jpg

IMG_5783.jpg

IMG_5784.jpg

IMG_5785.jpg

IMG_5786.jpg

IMG_5787.jpg

IMG_5788.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg

IMG_5790.jpg

Back