When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Superior?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here's a list of models and the color options for them. Seems that Lemon Lime Green is called Green Gold.

1640418057366.png

That's a very good find. I've seen black Continentals, but never a black post-war Superior. Is the blue-green "Brewster Green", or is it one of the other greens?

Are these frames electroforged? I sold a Varsity several years ago that was much like the Superior pictured except for an Ashtabula crank. The frame joints all seemed to be fillet-brazed (like my T&C tandem) when felt with a fingertip - not the even radius of the later frames. When was the new electroforging machinery first used and on which models?

The post-war Superiors I've seen were electroforged, but the bottom bracket is brazed and takes cottered cranks. I have one of the blue-green ones. It's a lot like a lightly improved New World. The clean up on the frame joints was pretty good, but they were all the thick-wall electro forged tube. They all seemed to date to the 1948-50 era.

Here is a rough superior that I picked up last year. Also a U serial and it has a 1950 sturmey hub on it. Also, a 52ish New world badged traveler in what appears to be the same lime green color. I do have a 47 blue continental and it is a slightly different blue than the superior but pretty close.

Back