When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Superior?

-
Here's a list of models and the color options for them. Seems that Lemon Lime Green is called Green Gold.

1640418057366.png

That's a very good find. I've seen black Continentals, but never a black post-war Superior. Is the blue-green "Brewster Green", or is it one of the other greens?

Are these frames electroforged? I sold a Varsity several years ago that was much like the Superior pictured except for an Ashtabula crank. The frame joints all seemed to be fillet-brazed (like my T&C tandem) when felt with a fingertip - not the even radius of the later frames. When was the new electroforging machinery first used and on which models?

The post-war Superiors I've seen were electroforged, but the bottom bracket is brazed and takes cottered cranks. I have one of the blue-green ones. It's a lot like a lightly improved New World. The clean up on the frame joints was pretty good, but they were all the thick-wall electro forged tube. They all seemed to date to the 1948-50 era.

Here is a rough superior that I picked up last year. Also a U serial and it has a 1950 sturmey hub on it. Also, a 52ish New world badged traveler in what appears to be the same lime green color. I do have a 47 blue continental and it is a slightly different blue than the superior but pretty close.

Back