When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Superior

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ohdeebee

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just picked this up today. I didn't know Schwinn made these so late. It dates to Dec. '72. To me it looks like a cheapo Varsity frame with nice French parts on it. Anybody else have any of these? Any idea of the value?

120311110853-1.jpg

120311110903-1.jpg

Well, it looks like a Varsity but it's not. I made that mistake once. I've been regretting it. Here's some more info;
http://sheldonbrown.com/schwinn-braze.html
I sold a very nice and very similar Sports Tourer for $200 this spring. They look enough like Varsities that lots of people pass them by so they are kinda bargains. I might have done better on Ebay where you tend to find a few more knowledgable people than the Hudson Valley Craigslist.
IMG_5646-1.jpg
PLBOY197108-1.jpg

Your bike is most likely a '77 model. Look for a light, four-digit stamping in the headbadge. This would be the assembly date code and represents the ordinal day of the year and the last digit of the year. For example '0227' would be the 22nd day of 1977.

These were an evolution of the Sports Tourer and the '72 date on your frame indicates that Schwinn was using up the back stock of frames held for warranty claims on Sport Tourers from earlier in the decade.

Asking prices on these range from $200 - $300 typically.

http://www.schwinnbikeforum.com/SLDB/Details/dtail_7579.htm#1977superior

Nice bike -- congrats,

Bob

Research the sold bikes on eBay. You may find that they are selling for more than you think.
I had a buddy that was looking for that exact model. I think he settled for something else but let me know if it is for sale.

Super Sport is the same frame but lesser components, it is hard to get what they should be worth. I have sold 3 of them,,the most I got was 150. Here is a pic of one I still have ,,,I paid 40 bucks for it.

Attachments

• super 001.jpg
    super 001.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 250
  • super 002.jpg
    super 002.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 246
I have a Super Sport and love it. It has the "cushiest" ride of all my bikes. Clearly a step up from the Varsity/Continental frames.

I put in a bottom bracket adapter and converted to a Campy crankset, but the rest is stock.

David

Back