When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Superior

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I don't get the poor reputation of the Greenville bikes. I own a bunch of them, mostly '87-'88 models and I think they are great bikes.
They ride much better than any of my older Schwinns that came out of the Chicago plant, except the Paramounts of course.
My '87 & 88 Tempos, '87 Super Sport, '87 Circuit, '87 Peloton, & '87 Prologue make riding my fillet brazed Chicago bikes seem like riding a "truck".

Not all of the '80s bikes were made in Greenville. This is from an '85 "Reporter" (renamed the Schwinn Eagle by then) article talking about the '86 models:

1985GreenvilleLtwtProduction.jpg

If that implies that the Circuit & Prologue(I misspoke, my Peloton is a '98 model I believe), were made somewhere other than Greenville, I still can detect virtually no difference between my '87 Super Sport and my '87 Circuit. Actually, I can detect a difference between the Prelude & the Tempo, but above that they all seem to ride about the same to me.

Other than what is said in that article I don't know where the '80s bikes were made however I do believe that any original bikes made in other countries would have a decal to that effect.

Hi all. Can anybody suggest an add on kickstand for my 77 Superior 22"? Also, fyi, there is a 63 Superior for sale on Pittsburgh Craigslist. Thank you.

Back