When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn tandem crank arms

-

prburns

Look Ma, No Hands!
Good afternoon,
I'm trying to rebuild an old Schwinn Town and Country tandem from the late 1940's-early 50's (I think. Serial # T 840). The frame has issues, so I don't want to put a ton of money into this project. On the other hand, I'd like to get it to as close to original era parts as I can.

My immediate need is the right hand crankarms (one with chainring, one without). The crank spindle is 5/8" in diameter and the crank length is 6 1/2" from center of spindle to center of pedal. The originals have the script "Schwinn" just below the spindle hole.

Thanks

Pat Burns
612-964-2638

I think i have what you need, but they're still attached to a tandem frame. As i recall i couldn't figure out how to remove them once i got the pins out? I will try to take a look tomorrow or Sunday. They are the script ones and I estimated my frame as about a 48 or 49 ?
Dave

Great! How much do you want for them? They should just pull off the spindle. Perhaps some very gentle persuasion with a rubber mallet. Maybe soak spindle in Liquid Wrench if really stubborn.
Thanks.

Pat

Back