When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Tandem Restore

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Z

zcurves

Hello,

I am new here- glad to find CABE. I am restoring a '52 Schwinn Tandem that I have had for twenty years. I am looking for advice on getting the heavy duty wheels re-chromed or going with new. This thing is so heavy that I am also considering a custom build rear wheel with a multi-geared hub and HD spokes.

I will have the frame stripped and powered coated back to the ubiquitous Schwinn blue, re-chrome the Cranks, Headset and other tandem hardware. Finish up with new chrome fenders and handlebars.

I will post pics soon.

Any thoughts, suggestions??

Thanks,
Andrew (ZCurves)

heres a pic of my old tandem if you need something for a comparison.this is a 1948 and maybe yours looks close to the same
schwinn1948-1.jpg

Nice! Mine has the chain guard on the opposite side and it is a single speed. I like the Hub Brakes on yours - something I am considering. I also found a white OEM decal set.

-Andrew (ZCurves)

tandum

are you sure it's a 52? I'am restoring a 55 right how and it look's just like the 48 except in red, can you post the serial # we might be able to help you out!

Back