When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Tandem Restore

-
Z

zcurves

Hello,

I am new here- glad to find CABE. I am restoring a '52 Schwinn Tandem that I have had for twenty years. I am looking for advice on getting the heavy duty wheels re-chromed or going with new. This thing is so heavy that I am also considering a custom build rear wheel with a multi-geared hub and HD spokes.

I will have the frame stripped and powered coated back to the ubiquitous Schwinn blue, re-chrome the Cranks, Headset and other tandem hardware. Finish up with new chrome fenders and handlebars.

I will post pics soon.

Any thoughts, suggestions??

Thanks,
Andrew (ZCurves)

heres a pic of my old tandem if you need something for a comparison.this is a 1948 and maybe yours looks close to the same
schwinn1948-1.jpg

Nice! Mine has the chain guard on the opposite side and it is a single speed. I like the Hub Brakes on yours - something I am considering. I also found a white OEM decal set.

-Andrew (ZCurves)

tandum

are you sure it's a 52? I'am restoring a 55 right how and it look's just like the 48 except in red, can you post the serial # we might be able to help you out!

Back