Sold Schwinn Tank bike ***NOW $700 in CT

This ad disappears when logged in

Jim Barnard

Finally riding a big boys bike
Sep 30, 2017
New London, CT, United States
IMG_5095[1].JPG

I bought this a number of years ago. It had the right tank, frame, crank,. wheels, bars, goose neck, rack and sprocket. The fenders, light, seat, pedals and springer are all old original Schwinn parts (Maybe not the seat) that I thought might be correct for the year. Paint is a decent rattle can job done with care and love... but a rattle can job. Crank, sprocket and bars have been rechromed and are perfect. The head badge is AWFUL and is a shade off. The green paint is close but not perfectly matched. I never wired the light or tested the horn. Rack was bent where they all are bent and was welded by a bad child before being painted. A gorgeous glass jewel resides on the rack end.

This rides like a tank. Maybe that is why they call these tank bikes. This lives in New London CT. Shipping will be by Bike Flights and be about $80-90 dollars
IMG_5096[1].JPG
IMG_5097[1].JPG
IMG_5098[1].JPG
IMG_5099[1].JPG
IMG_5100[1].JPG
IMG_5101[1].JPG
IMG_5102[1].JPG
IMG_5103[1].JPG
IMG_5104[1].JPG
IMG_5105[1].JPG
IMG_5106[1].JPG
IMG_5107[1].JPG
IMG_5108[1].JPG
IMG_5109[1].JPG
IMG_5110[1].JPG
IMG_5111[1].JPG
IMG_5112[1].JPG
IMG_5113[1].JPG

Jim Barnard

Finally riding a big boys bike
Sep 30, 2017
New London, CT, United States
It looks like fender braces and hubs have been rattle canned silver. Can we get hub pictures
Good question! The braces are painted in primer... I thought it would look galvanized, but it does not. Spokes and hubs sprayed silver. They look a lot better than I thought they would.
IMG_5132[1].JPG
IMG_5131[1].JPG
IMG_5130[1].JPG
IMG_5129[1].JPG
IMG_5127[1].JPG
IMG_5128[1].JPG

Nashman

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Oct 2, 2016
Winnipeg, Canada
It looks like fender braces and hubs have been rattle canned silver. Can we get hub pictures
As mentioned, a fine looking bike, decent amateur resto for a spray bomb, and above ALL, good pictures and an HONEST description. Most ballooner's loaded with goodies are heavy. Good exercise pedaling around the block, or on a more ambitious cruise. GLWTS.

Nashman

Oct 2, 2016
Winnipeg, Canada
How is it loaded with goodies. That's the way it came from the factory. The bare frames people are riding now are missing all their parts.
An old friend of mine, Leon Dixon used to call the "goodies"..."gingerbread" and that referred to a stock bike with lots of deluxe "stock/factory" parts like rack, light, tank, that certainly adds weight to a bike, as opposed to a plain Jane without those "extra/stock" parts.

Nashman

Oct 2, 2016
Winnipeg, Canada
Ha!! Yeah, this isn't my 1st rodeo. I don't specifically drop names, but have been doing this for decades and am proud of all the friends I've made along the way, what I've learned from others, and don't hesitate to quote or mention their names where appropriate. I feel I've made even more pals on the CABE, and am still learning/making new friends and contacts. It's a fun hobby, and not a measurement of who has the most or nicest bikes, or who knows the most about this or that, had pics in books, or featured in media/ TV, ( Like my pals Jerry Jr. and Sr. on American Pickers) but a forum to enhance the hobby and network with nice friendly people enjoying the same passion. I agree on Leon's pedigree as truly the "professor" of balloon tire bicycles. The hobby has come a long way, much of it because of him and his sharing. The CABE / Scott has run with the on line format, and we can all be thankful to him, all the moderators, and each and every person who contributes to the CABE on a regular basis. Have a nice Day CRIPPLE.

dad &shay cruise.JPG

BartBoy.JPG

Nashman.JPG

young man with a beer.JPG

Nash Bart.JPG

Nashman

Oct 2, 2016
Winnipeg, Canada
Wow, i didnt mean to set off all that. I was just teasing you. It's all good and i agree Scott does a wonderful service for the whole hobby. Sorry man I must not have come thru in the chuckle in which it was written.
No problem. I'm chuckling along with you. Cheers....have a nice weekend.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$5489.00
eBay Auction Picture
$1600.00
eBay Auction Picture
$10.00
eBay Auction Picture
$24.99
eBay Auction Picture
$12.00
eBay Auction Picture