When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn The World date help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
To me it looks like the lock is in the "locked" position already, it's just been moved up along with the stem, so it has been defeated. No key. When it's in this "locked" position, it should be harder for the stem to get loosened because of the metal shield covering it. I think we can see that with tools, that's not fool proof. :p

I agree with @piercer_99, if it isn't locked to something, don't count on it being there when you get back.

I'm also with @GTs58 and @rollfaster with 38 from the serial and rear forks.

Other sweet prewar stuff I see - Miller kickstand, fillet brazing, Y shaped connection point for rear mudguard stays, seat lock integrated into frame...

Last edited:
Does the chainguard look home made? I’ve never seen one like that before, also those forks seem odd I’ve never seen forks that blocky on a schwinn before

Thanks for all the great input. I will try to get some more pics soon. The chainguard doesn't look to be homemade, but I will try to clean it up some. Also the bike has very narrow fenders.

I wouldn't spend much time cleaning up that guard. I could have made that in 8th grade metal shop. :p ..... ;)

Back