When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SCHWINN THREADS

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is just a thought, but Schwinn was the biggest and the best documented. Some of the '50's lightweights are rare, but for bikes like the Phantom, there are members on here who can probably name all production changes by year and date for the entire run. There are a lot more unknowns with some of the other makes, say Manton and Smith for example, and finding information takes a lot more digging. Of course, there are new people coming into the hobby all the time, but most of their Schwinn questions have already been answered on here somewhere. If they can use Google, they don't need to post.

I agree 100%..........Schwinn was very good at keeping their dealers informed with the changes they were making with the bikes. The Schwinn Reporter was issued monthly to the dealers keeping them up to date on the current trends. There is lots of documentation out there, but there are some of them "New Collectors" who dispute the Schwinn documentation when it contradicts their uneducated narrative. But I guess that is just a sign of the current times of "Fake News" over "FACTS"................LOL

There are not that many posts about the 10 to 15 speed lightweight bikes that were made by Schwinn and Europe., I guess because they are not made anymore. For me personally they are the best. They look so much nicer then these bikes of today. I know that the modern bikes are lighter, and they say shift better, but forgive me they look like they were designed by people on LSD. The tubes are different diameters, the top tube is not horizontal anymore and the DeRailleur's are ugly. I am sure some people will disagree with me. I guess the looks do not count, only the ride.
John.

There are not that many posts about the 10 to 15 speed lightweight bikes that were made by Schwinn and Europe., I guess because they are not made anymore. For me personally they are the best. They look so much nicer then these bikes of today. I know that the modern bikes are lighter, and they say shift better, but forgive me they look like they were designed by people on LSD. The tubes are different diameters, the top tube is not horizontal anymore and the DeRailleur's are ugly. I am sure some people will disagree with me. I guess the looks do not count, only the ride.
John.

Are you referring to Schwinn bikes that were produced after Schwinn filed for bankruptcy? I know of 0 lightweights that Schwinn produced in Europe. Japan is not in Europe if you're referring to those pieces that were imported starting in the 70's

John.
There are plenty of 10 speeds in the Lightweight Schwinn forum, but the 15 speeds are not nearly as common. If you've got some, post them up!

Back