When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Schwinn Town & Country Tri Wheeler-style conversion rear end

-

Bike from the Dead

I live for the CABE
Looking to buy or trade for a 1960s/1970s Schwinn Town & Country Tri Wheeler conversion rear axle, or something similar. I bought this trike thinking I could use the conversion rear end for a custom trike build I want to do, but it won't work, as it requires a set of regular bike hubs and wheels to work.

I want to put a set of Cragars or something similar on the rear axles, but the only way to do that is if the coaster brake hub is separate from the wheels, like what you see on this Schwinn.

I don't need the bike, the basket, or even the wheels, really, but I want the complete axle assembly with the bolt-on frame for the basket, and the coaster brake hub. I'd prefer to have a 3-speed coaster brake hub, but I may take a single-speed if the price is right or if I'm able to trade for it. I have a number of parts, some common, some not so much, and I have a couple bikes I'd trade. I may not be able to jump onto any deals until a couple weeks from now, or if I can sell/trade some stuff beforehand, but I'll definitely be open to offers.

Last edited:
Looking to buy or trade for a 1960s/1970s Schwinn Town & Country Tri Wheeler conversion rear axle, or something similar. I bought this trike thinking I could use the conversion rear end for a custom trike build I want to do, but it won't work, as it requires a set of regular bike hubs and wheels to work. View attachment 1287478View attachment 1287477

I want to put a set of Cragars or something similar on the rear axles, but the only way to do that is if the coaster brake hub is separate from the wheels, like what you see on this Schwinn. View attachment 1287473View attachment 1287479

I don't need the bike, the basket, or even the wheels, really, but I want the complete axle assembly with the bolt-on frame for the basket, and the coaster brake hub. I'd prefer to have a 3-speed coaster brake hub, but I may take a single-speed if the price is right or if I'm able to trade for it. I have a number of parts, some common, some not so much, and I have a couple bikes I'd trade. I may not be able to jump onto any deals until a couple weeks from now, or if I can sell/trade some stuff beforehand, but I'll definitely be open to offers.
I have 3 20" trike rims for sale. These rims will slide on town and country rear axle since these rims are keyed just like originals

The ad is from 2020. He is most likely no longer needing the parts, and he needs the whole axle assembly, not just the wheels.
Well I got the axle assembly back in 2020, hence the "found" tag, but my plan was to was to use a set of car wheels and tires on the back. I've since stalled on my trike build, since I couldn't figure out the exact direction I wanted to take it, and because it was getting too expensive. I still have the trike axle though.

Back