When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn traveler age/value?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Perhaps someone might offer to take it away for free (or any reasonable offer); kind of like the people who dropped-off bicycles for free, but in reverse?

In another post, when you suggested that the bicycles be sold as a whole-lot, it seems that the primary objective is to get rid of the stuff, rather than making profit?

What might incentivize people to even look at the bikes (and parts), might be to try to re-assemble the loose parts into complete bicycles. We understand that it will be difficult in remembering exactly where the right parts were placed. Like a mechanical jigsaw puzzle (or several mixed together), and without a picture of what the finished product should look like.
Reorganizing and just moving parts around may be a daunting task, even if there is plenty of outdoor space to separate stuff.

Seems like among those parts, one might find an interchangeable skewer (spring part) for a quick-release axle on a rear wheel?
The reason to sell instead of just give away is because when my grandfather passed I lost my job from the last 14 years as I was his sole live-in caregiver which I was only paid for 2 hrs/7 days a week but was actually on 24/7 no breaks in the last few years as he got older and less able to be on his own for any length of time when I started 14 years ago he needed his meals and medicine dibe for him as well as laundry but the last 5-6 years I could barely leave him long enough to go to Walmart a 30 min drive away but anyway taxes are due in December and I'm not having luck finding a new job even in the same feild as it's a rural area. Before I was his caregiver I was a full time college student living at home and my mom said education was most important I was volunteering at a day care as that's the feild I was studying but I never completed it and can't get a student loan because no job so I can't complete the twining I stopped to care for grampa about 2-3 semesters from completion. so right now I'm trying to earn enough to cover the taxes as I have my tax return and my mom moved in to help with the rest of the bills so... Yeah would donate or give away if I could afford to.

The right rear dropout is bent and twisted. The lines should be parallel. It is damaged quite a bit. You might try to bend it back (cold setting) or heat it and bend it but it's already compromised. Bending it back will make it twice as weak as it is now. I've seen some bikes with new dropouts welded in. They typically break pretty soon. Welding melts the steel and destroys it's strength adjacent to the weld. That's a wrong approach because these lightweight frames were not welded. They were brass brazed with Oxy-Acetylene torches. Brazing does not melt the steel. it gets hot enough to melt the brass but not the steel. A proper replacement would be brass brazed but done by an expert would cost much more than the bike is worth.

traveler.dropout.jpg

I don't see the quick release skewer for the back wheel in any of your photos. Note they come in different lengths. Front are shorter than the rear wheel and newer bikes with more gears in the back have longer axles and need even longer quick release skewers. A skewer of any old 10 speed should fit. Plenty around on other used bikes at coops, yard art, junkyards, etc.

I don't see the quick release skewer for the back wheel in any of your photos. Note they come in different lengths. Front are shorter than the rear wheel and newer bikes with more gears in the back have longer axles and need even longer quick release skewers. A skewer of any old 10 speed should fit. Plenty around on other used bikes at coops, yard art, junkyards, etc.
That's because my grandfather lost it when he took the bike apart this was the first time he ever encountered one of those and was confused by it he was 92 at the time so it's probably in his garage somewhere I just doubt I can find it or if I do that it's all their he tended to take things apart to figure out how they worked.

The real is that this year and model has virtually no value at all unless it is in one piece, maintained and rideable.
Only then would this bike be worth 75-$100
Maaaybe.
Sorry to be a Danny downer

The real is that this year and model has virtually no value at all unless it is in one piece, maintained and rideable.
Only then would this bike be worth 75-$100
Maaaybe.
Sorry to be a Danny downer
Thank you right now I'm looking at buying a tube off Amazon and another spring lick thingy for the axel and seeing if I can't get it rideable I don't know much about bikes but I can change a darn tire/tube and all the spring axel will make it even easier then maybe I can get $50 out if it which is what Grampa usually asked for adult men's bikes unless he found they were worth more then he'd add on a bit more but still reasonable price and willing to negotiate he loved to haggle it tickled him when he'd name his price and they'd talk him down $5-$10 lol 😅 thanks

Rick beat me to it, the part that is missing is called a quick release skewer. It comes with springs on both sides to keep the clamp and nut spread to make for ease of rear wheel fitment. Also look into donation to get a tax advantage next year.
This link should help.

Unfortunately, none of the lightweights, with the exception of the Paramounts, will ever be worth much. I have a ‘73 Varsity, pristine condition, which I probably couldn’t sell for much more than $100. Barely over $2 per pound!!! Ditto for my ‘84 Le Tour luxe. The Brooks saddle alone on the ‘84 cost $150, but the complete bike would probably sell for no more than the cost of the saddle.

Back