When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Triangular Stem Sticker

-

rennfaron

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Does anyone have a good clear shot of an original stem sticker that would have come on the bike new - like shown here.

I have a '60 and '61 with remnants of the sticker left, so I assume it was around early 60s maybe late 50s.

http://www.schwinnbikeforum.com/SLDB/Images/Gallery/Traveler/1962/62Traveler24.jpg

- Chuck

62Traveler24.jpg

Thanks. One of mine... Trying to figure out what it looked like new. Pretty crazy that any of them would survive after this long as it was probably the first thing that would get peeled off.

IMG_4575.jpg

I have one on my 61 but it's void of any print. Not positive, but I think this was an early 60's thing.

I had a Schwinn American with the triangle sticker. But never paid it much thought as the wording was gone like in the pic. Never even know it had Schwinn writing as I thought it was a inspection sticker or a moving van lines sticker.
THANKS for the info.

Here is a similar one you never see. Bendix silver mylar kickback sticker on the back fender.
That's a good one as well! Can you get a shot of the other side or the entire thing (left side too)? Would be nice to document the entire sticker. I have a '56 schwinn with a round sticker on the fender. I will get a pic of it and put it up here.

I finally was able to get over to the storage shed and get a few pics of this sticker. Seems more like a dealer applied sticker, but has all the schwinn stuff on there too. Stuck on the rear fender of a 1956 traveler. Barnard's Oak Park Cyclery, Oak Park, IL - it looks like it is still around - https://goo.gl/maps/TnFXcv2djzX5E9yy7

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 5.40.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 5.40.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 5.41.03 PM.png

Back