When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Schwinn Triple step rack reflector and Delta Silver ray

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bikermaniac

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Up for grabs is this prewar Schwinn rear rack reflector also known as OwlZeye (1940) also an original complete Silveray fender light. Reflector seems to be NOS. Silveray has some pitting as you can see. The lens is original, plastic with the DELTA embossed on it. It's a little shrunk. The cork gasket is missing. I rewired the light and installed a new bulb, so IT WORKS. Base is good with no dings, dents or cracks.
Reflector $100 shipped.
Silveray $200 shipped

IMG_4668_s.jpg
IMG_4664.JPG
IMG_4665.JPG
IMG_4666.JPG
IMG_4667_s.jpg

Up for grabs is this prewar Schwinn rear rack reflector also known as OwlZeye (1940) also an original complete Silveray fender light. Reflector seems to be NOS. Silveray has some pitting as you can see. The lens is original, plastic with the DELTA embossed on it. It's a little shrunk. The cork gasket is missing. I rewired the light and installed a new bulb, so IT WORKS. Base is good with no dings, dents or cracks.
Reflector $100 shipped.
Silveray $200 shipped

View attachment 726434View attachment 726435View attachment 726437 View attachment 726438 View attachment 726439

hello, could you please answer a question for me, I have taken an interest in this reflector that you have sold, what bicycle was it used on and the location of the reflector, thanks........

happy to hear that-that tells me you have the wrong parts on your bike! the above pictured reflector(although it has been polished) is the painted rack version/red glass zinc bezel w/aluminum cup hold piece. the deluxe rack uses the red glass that sorta looks like the fender bomb glass w/pot metal body-cup hold pieces. the dx version has the 'cut prismatic' outer and dots/cateye inside and this being a plastic/aluminum construction.

happy to hear that-that tells me you have the wrong parts on your bike! the above pictured reflector(although it has been polished) is the painted rack version/red glass zinc bezel w/aluminum cup hold piece. the deluxe rack uses the red glass that sorta looks like the fender bomb glass w/pot metal body-cup hold pieces. the dx version has the 'cut prismatic' outer and dots/cateye inside and this being a plastic/aluminum construction.

Huh? My 40 above has a painted rack and an OwlzEye. I’ve had plenty of the other style too. Nelson is right, this is the “40 only” style reflector on the models without the chrome rack as you mention. Everyone is right here, moving on.

Huh? My 40 above has a painted rack and an OwlzEye. I’ve had plenty of the other style too. Nelson is right, this is the “40 only” style reflector on the models without the chrome rack as you mention. Everyone is right here, moving on.

I thank you all for the information and in clarifying, but you all forgot to mention good luck on finding one, after I heard from others on what they went through and more serious collectors are still searching, one message I recived blames difficulty on finding one on hoarders of bicycle parts of this nature, anyway search go's on and thanks again everybody for the information. ........

those reflectors were hard to find 30 years ago! and expensive too! I got out of bikes for about 20 years and now back in-I also hear this 'new term' being used about people hoarding. its not so much hoarding as saving parts for a future bike-everyone does it. thank goodness there are people doing this (salvaging-saving-rescuing-stashing....hoarding)so we will have these parts eventually. hang in there-you'll find one!

Back