When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Trivia...What Schwinn came stock with an automobile alternator??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Greg M.

Finally riding a big boys bike
This is not a trick question.
OK, kind of. But this was a model that was offered for 2-3 years and was in the regular catalogs.

Greg M.

The 52-53 leader? Have no idea about the alternator...

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Haha there you go. Wasnt thinking that type of bike

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

NewThe Ergonomic Exercycle.

Correct. I actually used this thing in another trivia post as it's such an odd-ball contraption. Super expensive and heavy as hell.
It's actually pretty neat engineering way before computer controlled contraptions, it used heat sinks with a potentiometer (?) to vary the amount of load on the alternator which made it easier or harder to pedal. It works very well and when dialed all the way up, you better be ready to pedal!
This thing was short lived most likely because of the cost which was more than twice of a Paramount at the time.
Nice call TR65C. Here are a couple of pictures of it. ( without the plastic shroud around the working components )

Thanks,
Greg M.

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

What a beast,looks totally Rube Goldberg to boot. I'll bet it doesnt work any better than a regular Exerciser?

What a beast,looks totally Rube Goldberg to boot. I'll bet it doesnt work any better than a regular Exerciser?

Not so. This is very smooth thru the whole range of resistance. I hear what you say because most of the ways they applied resistance before were iffy at best, but this is very good. Now the more recent Airdyne's are good, but you can't adjust the resistance like on this. Look at the " Load Selector " dial on the dash board.
I am interested in selling this bad boy. I hate to think what it would cost to ship it though.

Greg M.

Back