When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Tubular Truss Rod Fork? Tomahawk Stem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Eddieman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Went to an auction today and picked up a Schwinn Cantilever. Haven't checked the serial number yet but based on the tapered kickstand I'm pretty sure it's a 46'. Anyway, the bike has been house painted light blue, so I bought it for the Wald Tomahawk stem. Then I noticed that the fork is tubular. I've seen a lot but not everything. I removed some of the house paint and you can see the original Schwinn maroon paint and white dart. What can you guys tell me about a Schwinn tubular truss rod fork? It almost looks like a lightweight fork but I've never seen a Schwinn lightweight truss fork.

Thanks for any help/info.

Ed

Attachments

• fork.jpg
    fork.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 3fork.jpg
    3fork.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 46 frame.jpg
    46 frame.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 105
  • tomahawk.jpg
    tomahawk.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 89
Nice score. The bike is a Deluxe Autocycle. That particular style of fork was used post-war through 1952 on better equipped Schwinns. Very similar looking style of fork was used pre-war as well.

Cheers, Geoff

Back