When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Twinn dating help

-
'64 is a Twinn. They made both for a short time during '64. They made both the Town And Country and BBF2 for a short time during '63

I futzed around with it for the first time today and experienced my first 2 speed kickback hub. i assume there is no drive side rear hub lockwasher because of the deep serrations designed to grab the dropout. despite being a bit ratty, a fork pull to the right and bent left pedal it rode pretty well. the chain guard faintly reads BBF2

I futzed around with it for the first time today and experienced my first 2 speed kickback hub. i assume there is no drive side rear hub lockwasher because of the deep serrations designed to grab the dropout. despite being a bit ratty, a fork pull to the right and bent left pedal it rode pretty well. the chain guard faintly reads BBF2
You might want to take apart and clean the rear hub,old hard grease will eventually stop the clutches and the index spring from working properly.... You should clean and regrease all bearings if it hasnt been done before.

My plan is to take the cranks and headset apart for servicing, ive taken apart coaster brakes but never a 2 speed, is there a tutorial for a 3 red band hub

I futzed with my 1967 Typhoon with red band 2 speed instead today. i backed off the drive side serrated nut to expose and regrease the bearings. with the wheel in the bike it has some lateral play and doesnt spin as smoothly as i'd like it to. is this normal for this hub?

20190607_183341.jpg

That's not a serrated nut on the drive side. That's the sun gear, the lock/jam nut is in the center of it. Shouldn't have any play. You really need that tool or to make one if you want to adjust it proper.

Back