When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Twinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1968fury

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi all,
Just got done overhauling this old tandem that my grandfather found out for the garbage 35 to forty years ago. It has newer wheels and tires since the original wheels rotted away after sandy. It rides good. I wished the shimano coaster brake worked better though.

4CF57A18-7C53-4308-9F95-ED01CEA81EF1.jpeg

B868873F-005B-474B-94D6-636924D20B76.jpeg

93083CF1-DF94-44AF-BEDD-4CB8A33AD26A.jpeg

Are those 26" wheels? The front brake caliper should be changed out if they are. The extra stopping power of a front brake will help with some good pads.

The Schwinn S-7's that were originally used on that tandem have a larger overall diameter than the middleweight rims you have on the bike. These bikes were equipped with the Weinmann Type MS 3.1 caliper and that may reach far enough down to work on that smaller diameter rim. The MS 3.3 is used on the S-2's rims and it should reach with no question since they probably have the same ISO as those rims.

No doubt, get that caliper brake working right. Pad selection might make a big difference and others will know more than I. The front will provide twice the braking force of the rear.

Back