When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Typhoon Cord Blackwalls

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tom Hand

Finally riding a big boys bike
Wanted to let you all know i just got my two new NOS Typhoon Cord tires from Coker Tire in Tennessee. They are 26" by 2.125" and they look legit. No "made in china" anywhere and they are indeed old. Think with shipping they were about $34 each. They are closing them out so if you need them, better hop on to their site and get a pair coming. They have the old style script and not the new italicized letters like the ones I bought in 2001 or so.

I just called. NOS about 30 years ago. Good price but be prepared for shipping price! Much more than tires. To California from Tennessee a pair is about $120!
Too bad. I passed.

I noticed they stated the weight was 32 lbs. They weigh only 4.5. I checked and using that weight it should have been $17 to me. They charged $21 or so I think so I am ok. To ground to you in Ca should not be $120. I bet i could ship them that far for $25.

I noticed they stated the weight was 32 lbs. They weigh only 4.5. I checked and using that weight it should have been $17 to me. They charged $21 or so I think so I am ok. To ground to you in Ca should not be $120. I bet i could ship them that far for $25.
You are absolutely right! You scored. It's Coker. I have gone through this with car tires. Corky wasn't available to talk about shipping rates. Good deal for someone on the east coast

I figured these would be the same ones I had previously bought but am really surprised. They are truly old. They were still wrapped in old plastic and look absolutely flawless. I'll shoot some pictures later after I am done "working from home". Wonder how many they have and if someone ought to buy them all?

Just got off the phone with Coker. Different sales guy this time. He cut the shipping cost in half after I complained so I bought a pair. He said they are the real thing. Also that there is NO discount for multiple purchases. Already discounted at $21 each. They have over 400 tires. Corky Coker is a shrewd business man with lots of storage space.
Especially now that you let the cat out of the bag and the phone calls are coming in!
Great deal anyway! Thanks for the heads up! Every Schwinn guy should get a set!

That is awesome and I agree, Schwinn folks need to grab these. Shipping still should be no more than 25.
Tell them I sent you and maybe we all get a great deal! :)

That is awesome and I agree, Schwinn folks need to grab these. Shipping still should be no more than 25.
Tell them I sent you and maybe we all get a great deal! :)
I am replying to help Schwinners. Don't order on line. Call Tennessee. I have dealt with Coker for years. Seems there are just two guys that take orders. Ask for Kevin. He cut my shipping cost in half. He is more agreeable than Ben. Just saying!

Back