When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Typhoon Cord Blackwalls

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have to apologize for not getting the tire mounted yesterday. I am working from home and got too involved with the paying part of the day. I'll try again later.

Hey No problems! Every one is going through something now. You are helping by doing this. I haven't received my tires yet anyway

Got one mounted and quickly cleaned the protective coating off. Rubber is soft and they mounted very correctly and are concentric as heck. However, the edges of the tire, the part that is brown in the images at the first of this posting, is crumbly. It is not falling apart, just the sharp edges are loose. Contrast this with my 50 year old Goodyear balloon tire Diamond Tread tire which is still soft and rubbery at the edges. I love made in USA.

fullsizeoutput_5325.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5327.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5328.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5329.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_532b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_532d.jpeg

I just recieved mine. Boy they look awesome no matter what good or bad remarks about them,,, the cost compared to bicyclebones is more in my favor. Not bashing Dan & his cost, c I bought ton of stuff from him & was happy to recieved them. But when a good deal comes along you gotta jump on it before there gone.!

I'm now getting ready to mount these on my 39 Module chwinn now!

Got one mounted and quickly cleaned the protective coating off. Rubber is soft and they mounted very correctly and are concentric as heck. However, the edges of the tire, the part that is brown in the images at the first of this posting, is crumbly. It is not falling apart, just the sharp edges are loose. Contrast this with my 50 year old Goodyear balloon tire Diamond Tread tire which is still soft and rubbery at the edges. I love made in USA.

View attachment 1183945

View attachment 1183946

View attachment 1183947

View attachment 1183948

View attachment 1183949

View attachment 1183950
They look pretty good! Thanks for the effort of photos. Nothing like NOS USA OEM Schwinn true but these seem to be better than a lot of other options. AND they say SCHWINN on the sides!

Does anyone know when Schwinn stopped having the Typhoons manufactured? I'm sure it was some time before they went bankrupt so early 90's?

my cantilver from hugary has ww typhoons,haven looked to see if there is any mfg on them,huggary was there last hurah

So where were those tires made, the US or Taiwan?
ill look i got it last year and saw it had typhoons but didnt go any further ill look this week,just gettin goin up here in mn,i work outside,should be interesting

Back