When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Typhoon in Violet/Opal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

PlasticNerd

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Was there ever a factory men’s cantilever frame that came in the purple ? Schwinn called it Opal or Violet on the Stingray snd on the girls bikes. I thought I had seen one somewhere before, maybe was specially ordered? Does anyone have pics? I’d love to find one !

I've seen one, but it was a really really nice repaint.

Then there's this one. http://www.schwinnbikeforum.com/index.php?topic=19978.0
1592304033981.png

Schwinn's Violet was a girly color
Was there ever a factory men’s cantilever frame that came in the purple ? Schwinn called it Opal or Violet on the Stingray snd on the girls bikes. I thought I had seen one somewhere before, maybe was specially ordered? Does anyone have pics? I’d love to find one !
Back in the day, I admired the color on girl's sting-rays but a boy wouldn't be caught dead on one. There's a 66 out there, original, but otherwise, I guess peeps were too homophobic to own a big boy's bike in the color. Guess, for that reason alone, they're pretty rare.

Schwinn's Violet was a girly color

Back in the day, I admired the color on girl's sting-rays but a boy wouldn't be caught dead on one. There's a 66 out there, original, but otherwise, I guess peeps were too homophobic to own a big boy's bike in the color. Guess, for that reason alone, they're pretty rare.
I had two friends with opal Stingrays and they were cool, Not Girly at all, i like em!!! I have seen Diamond frame ten speeds in the violet also.

I thought Schwinn stopped using Opal Violet in early 65, at least they did in StingRays, the color changed to just Violet and was not as purple!

Back