When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Typhoon in Violet/Opal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Making my own!!! Getting closer

78EC4AC1-BABE-46A4-AB28-DAA1D32973B1.jpeg

That color really changes, the fork pic almost looks blue. been looking for a OV stingray fork and someone here sent me a couple of pics, looked like 2 different forks but seller said one fork at different times of day!, Oh, around here only pink, lite green and maybe pale yellow were girly colors, with all the custom cars ( Ed Roth was right down the street and use to ride our Stingrays over to get custom air brushed tee shirts ) George Barris and many others, but nobody called it Violet it was PURPLE! and it was Cool! :cool:

Last edited:
Wow that looks killer, I'm sure its been explained before but what was the color you used ? Was it a formulated custom color or following a Schwinn code? I have a Typhoon and Stingray that need paint, that would do nicely
It’s illusion purple powder coat! I’m usually a real paint fan but this frame was rough and I had to redo braze a couple areas! Just a cruiser fir me

It’s illusion purple powder coat! I’m usually a real paint fan but this frame was rough and I had to redo braze a couple areas! Just a cruiser fir me

Really great color, I love it. When a frame is powder coated is there a filler coat like bondo for paint or does it have to be all metal work? Can water slides be applied then a clear coat?

Back