When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Typhoon

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Like I said though, put the word out.
I just recently joined a 'classic' bike group here in Houston that rides every Sunday and these guys seem to have huge bike collections (some going back to the '30s and '40s).
I asked them how they found them and they all said 'word of mouth'.
There's also Craigslist and local papers (you might even place an ad).
Seems like everyone I talk to either has an old bike in their garage or knows a neighbor who does. Getting to let go of them is another issue.

Typhoons- Detroit Area

I paid under $100.00 for a 26" '62 straightbar,in need of some tlc. The paint/decals are a 6,but the painted wheels/tires and the chrome are an 8.5 It just needed to be cleaned and regreased,it rides like new.I just sold a rat 26" '64 for $100. It's mechanically perfect and the new owner was happy to get it. I think the prices are strictly regional,but the fancier middleweights are really driving up the prices of the Typhoons. My 2 cents.

Pat

Last edited:
yeah put the word out

I started collecting old bikes from the 60s and 50s so far and I have got several bikes by just asking people. Most less than $10 or free. I live in the midwest and there are lots around my area. Good luck in finding one or several. Persistence pays.

Back