When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn values

-

Floorit

On Training Wheels
Hi folks, I’m considering selling two of my Schwinn’s. I was wondering if you can help steer me to determine the value(s)? I have been out of bike collecting for about 20 years and have lost touch with values etc. The boys bike I found the serial number under the crank case. It’s H402214. I believe it is a 1951 Hornet.
It was purchased in rural Illinois area. I had the chrome redone professionally as it was pitted. The seat was refurbished by “the Seat Doctor.” I replaced a few worn parts ordered thru Memory Lane, namely; spokes,nipples,split chain,grips,horn guts. I left all painted areas original.
The girls bike is completely original as I bought it. It’s serial number is B45660. This number I located by the rear axle nut on the frame. I believe it to be a 1957. It has no designation ( ie Hornet etc). I purchased this bike separately, but I thought both bikes were similar in model, and would make a great his and her set.
Anyway, I would appreciate any help you can throw my way. I only looking for a range as I know factors like area and demand play a contributing factor. Thank you in advance!

094A581A-9277-48E0-813F-AC93622A6F95.jpeg

2148DB46-77BF-4DF1-B7C2-34D8E160144D.jpeg

66742E25-FF96-4697-AC81-7F227365C480.jpeg

8A8557B9-FAEB-45E7-9191-A0C52F0A0537.jpeg

Wow! Great bikes! Prices are always all over the place, especially right now. I am sure I will get flamed for my appraisals, but here is what I think. Selling as a pair is more difficult. Straightbar tank paint does not match frame. Are they original paint? Everybody loves Schwinns.
Girls bike $500, Boys bike $1k, both just approximates.

Beautiful bikes! I’d say the above estimate is dead on if they are original paint. Look like great riders

Is the girls bike a 24"? If so I don't think it will get $500. I saw a really nice similar girls bike this weekend (26") that went begging at $350. I think the Hornet is a $700-800 bike without a springer. Jus my 2c V/r Shawn

If the Hornet were the Deluxe with the springer I would say $1000/$1200 but the way it is I would think $700 is fair price.Girls bike at $400 if its 26 incher. Both look really good.

The girls bike is not a 1957 model, it has balloon tires. That serial number was also used in 1952 and then again in 1953. Since it has no chain guard decal I'd say it's a 1952 model.

Thank you guys! Your comments are most informative and I believe I can get a pretty good idea where to start should I decide to sell.
To the best of my knowledge the tank on the straight bar is original but I see the color difference your referring to. Only can speculate why.
Thanks for input on serial number on girls bike. That seems to make more sense being so close in design and paint scheme to the boys bike. Appreciate the effort looking that up!
Thank you again for taking the time to comment. Always met great people in the ole bike community.

Back