When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SCHWINN VARSITY 1975, MODEL 126 26"/66 cm (c-c)

-
H

HPL

For sale, or trade for same bike in like condition and color, but much smaller size: Very large Schwinn Varsity (1975) in "Chestnut" (love the color!), model 126; 66cm/26"; all original except tires/tubes. Excellent condition aesthetically and functionally! It is not in "mint" condition, there are some, but very few superficial marks to paint; NO RUST! More photos upon request; be specific as to what you need to see! Due to the size I cannot ride it (I'm 5'7"), but I have ridden it without the saddle and post installed, there are no problems with it's operation.. It has a small amount of chrome that flaked off the crank spider; see photo ("5:30" position on crank spider). No corrosion, rust, dents or scratches in this area so I'm not sure what caused this "damage" to occur. For a big and moderately heavy bike, it will move down the road at a decent pace; once that steel gets going at speed it wants to keep going. Weinmann "LS 2.4" alloy brakes, Sedis chain, French alloy hubs (make unknown). The stem is alloy not steel as catalogue spec'd; but still original as purchased new. Serial number references date of manufacture as September 1975. Original rear rack is included and has rear reflector mounted to it; rack is not mounted in photos. $250, or reasonable offer; located in North Central Florida (Gainesville/Jacksonville); will deliver in those areas for $10 in gas (Iive 50 miles from each city). Ask about shipping, I have no idea as to cost, but I will only charge the actual shipping cost plus maximum of $20 for gas and materials to pack it (this may be less). Thanks for looking.
schwinn-varsity-1975-40980_1-jpg.jpg

schwinn-varsity-1975-40980_2-jpg.jpg

schwinn-varsity-1975-40980_3-jpg.jpg

schwinn-varsity-1975-40980_4-jpg.jpg

schwinn-varsity-1975-40980_5-jpg.jpg

schwinn-varsity-1975-40980_6-jpg.jpg

schwinn-varsity-1975-model-126-40980_7-jpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back