When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Varsity Chopper ....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

49autocycledeluxe

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I built a similar frame 20 years ago from a 24" bike, but sold the frame and never built the bike.

this started out as the remains of a 70's Schwinn Varsity I got for 10 bucks. sold the parts I did not need and got the bike for less than free:)

the original Idea was to build it as a 20", but it did not look right with the small wheels, so I put these 26" junk wheels on it and this will be the way I am going to go. if I do ever build a 20", I will do the same thing but cut the seat tube shorter to match a Sting Ray.

did some figuring on photoshop......

small (2).JPG

small (3).jpg

I just eyeballed everything and started cutting it up and ended up with this:

small (4).JPG

here's where I am now, with some junk mock up 26" wheels. probably going with a banana seat and sissybar. paint will be black and creme with some scallops using the Schwinn stencils you see on ebay. I'd like to put an "off brand" springer on it of some sort, it will have truss rods at the very least.

it will be needing some looooong handlebars, I'll probably have to make my own.

small (5).JPG
small (6).JPG

here's a little progress. just put it together with parts at hand so I could ride it around. had to reach for the bars too far so I turned the goose neck around. rides pretty good. waiting on clamps for my sissy bar, then I'll put the banana seat on and see what it looks like. looks a little goofy right now.
small IMG_5877.JPG
small IMG_5878.JPG

I didn't like where the sissy bar was bolted to the seat so I cut it up and twisted it around bit. this gave me a bit more seat to sit on.

I have 3.9 old Schwinn bikes, so it is this ones turn to be the .9 bike while I ride and fiddle with the others.

small IMG_6107.JPG
small IMG_6111.JPG
small IMG_6112.JPG

Back