Schwinn Varsity Trike

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Psychographic

Look Ma, No Hands!
Jun 18, 2019
Eastern Pa
I had the trike out for it's first shakedown run.

First off, the cranks are too long for the 20" front wheel, they just touch the ground. I put a 24 on the front and out the driveway I went. I expected it to be hard to pedal, given the rider position and the heavy back tires. It pedals very easy. Without any brakes I didn't go far or too fast. It is a bit twitchy, but I think I just need to get used to it. It's going to be much faster than I thought.

I want to try a 451 front wheel, it might get me the height I need for crank clearance, if not I'll have to go down to 165 or 160mm cranks. I also think I should try a 44t chainring over the 39 on it now.

Last edited:

Psychographic

Look Ma, No Hands!
Jun 18, 2019
Eastern Pa
I found 152mm cranks are perfect for this trike. They are more comfortable and allow me to keep the 406 front wheel. I had to scrap the freewheel and derailleur I had on it. The derailleur hung to low for anything other than a smooth paved surface. I also don't need such a low first gear, this thing pedals very easy and it turns on a dime! The video has the old freewheel on it.

• Wow
Reactions: Balloonoob and Sven

Psychographic

Look Ma, No Hands!
Jun 18, 2019
Eastern Pa
Your Tank Design is Really Nice @Psychographic . Got's to love the versatility of Sheet Metal ( and Creative Thought Combined ) . Your One of a Kind Trike is WELL Worth the Effort your putting into it . Your R and D program seems to be working quite well . Keep up the Good Work ! :cool:
Thank you Curtis. I'm glad people are enjoying watching this come together, I know I'm enjoying trying new things, and seeing if my ideas work.

49autocycledeluxe

I live for the CABE
May 29, 2017
fremont california
very creative. is that you on the bike or your dad? :) I pictured you as a much younger man.

CURTIS L LINDGREN

I live for the CABE
Dec 19, 2017
Pacific Northwest , United States
Sectioning fenders can be a bugger to get all lined up , but yours look very nice . Good job on the mod............Shape looks good. For people you don't like .............or make stupid comments about your trike.............................have 'em stand behind you and back up at full speed and take out their knees !! ;)

Reactions: Psychographic
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

CURTIS L LINDGREN

I live for the CABE
Dec 19, 2017
Pacific Northwest , United States
You've done a lot of work to get this far....................but , you know what they say.............it's All in the Prep ! Good on ya for stickin' with it. It's pretty crazy that you say it pedals so easily................especially with those Monster Meats on the back. :kissing: What a cool and unique project. Looking forward to your paint scheme . " Fly Low , So the Kids can See " !! :cool:

This ad goes away when you register for an account!