When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn wheels size 26 X 1 1/4"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Seaswood

Look Ma, No Hands!
Schwinn wheel size 26 X 1 1/4" are these available?
Replacement rim's I was told this was a schwinn sizing.
Have a bent front wheel looking for replacement wheel, rear is special lightweight.
Where to look for these?

Last edited:
Is it a Schwinn Tubular S-6 on your bike? Should be stamped if it's a Schwinn rim.

That is correct. Older British sport and club bikes and Schwinn lightweight (S5 and S6) are both 597 ISO. I probably have a front wheel but it may have the usual wear from brake pads, etc.

That is correct. Older British sport and club bikes and Schwinn lightweight (S5 and S6) are both 597 ISO. I probably have a front wheel but it may have the usual wear from brake pads, etc.

Let me know rear has same usual wear from brake pads.

I have one of each. They both take the same size tire.
MVC-778S.JPG

The S5 is on the left. It has a raised portion in the center and measures 1 1/4 inches wide. The S6 on the right is a flat style and measures 1 1/8 inches wide. I'm not sure which one most closely resembles the one you have.

What I have is marked 26 1 1/4 front/rear is the flat style.
But would like to keep same tire front rear that would be the S5 1 1/4.
Assuming 1/8 would be different tire, but same tire okay maybe S6 would match rear.
For a Dawes 52 on rear hub

Back