When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn White Touch-up Paint?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Aaron65

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello,

I'm new here but not new to old bikes; my current count is 19, including a Bicentennial Sting-Ray I picked up last week in Ann Arbor. It has some paint scuffs and dings I'd like to touch up, being that it's white and they're quite noticeable. Does anyone have a good color recommendation for touch-up paint that would be a close match for 1976 Schwinn white? Thanks!

Aaron

003.JPG

Trying to match the existing color won't be real easy with an off the shelf paint. Even if you had some of the original paint that bike was shot with, it wouldn't match. I would clean up the largest piece like the chain guard and take it to Home Depot. Have them scan it and mix up a small can of Rustoleum's higher quality oil base quick dry enamel and go from there. Five bucks invested in a pint and that beats the Sting Ray's paint seller's insane prices.
Believe it or not, a Corvette owner did this for some touch up paint on his repainted White C-3 and the color was a dead on match. He painted his new mirror housings.

Back