When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Whizzer Info Request

-

Fenwickguy

'Lil Knee Scuffer
hello, I purchased this a while back and have been riding happily around the neighborhood (great for local garage and estate sale travels). My inquiry is regarding the bike more than anything. As seen in the pic of the serial number, there is some brown paint under the blue repaint. Would that brown be the original color? Also, would it be possible to figure out from the # what year? Ive found it could be mid 50's or possibly before, per a # lookup. Im curious if the bike was made near the time of the early H model engine.
I was also wondering if the frame was made for the Whizzer motor or if it was adapted to fit after the fact.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

There is a section on this site that specifically deals with motorized bicycles would be a better place to ask for your information as far as I know 1948 would be the H model any of the J model which is like 49 or 50 somewhere in there but there are a lot of guys on here they would know a lot more than I would

There is a section on this site that specifically deals with motorized bicycles would be a better place to ask for your information as far as I know 1948 would be the H model any of the J model which is like 49 or 50 somewhere in there but there are a lot of guys on here they would know a lot more than I would
Thanks redline1968. I wasnt able to find an edit option to move the post. Im really more interested in finding out about the bike. Trying to figure out the frame., model and year. I will repost to the other forum, at some point. if it cant be moved over.

Back