When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Whizzer Info

-

Fenwickguy

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello, had posted in the General Board and didnt get much feedback, but was suggested I try here. I purchased this a while back and have been riding happily around the neighborhood (great for local garage and estate sale travels). My inquiry is regarding the bike more than anything. As seen in the pic of the serial number, there is some brown paint under the blue repaint. Would that brown be the original color? Also, would it be possible to figure out from the # what year? Ive found it could be mid 50's or possibly before, per a # lookup. I'm curious if the bike was made near the time of the early H model engine.
I was also wondering if the frame was made for the Whizzer motor as I have found that some frames were made for the Whizzer kits.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

looks like it has the foot brake extender where it hook ro the frame as they had frame damage with the regular hookup spot for the brake hookup spot,i think the frames that were acually made to be whizzers had a z serial number with frame and rear fender mods,im not an expert just some general knowlrdge over the years,i think shawn would know he has alot of info on ballooners and bikes in general,good lookin bike u have there

looks like it has the foot brake extender where it hook ro the frame as they had frame damage with the regular hookup spot for the brake hookup spot,i think the frames that were acually made to be whizzers had a z serial number with frame and rear fender mods,im not an expert just some general knowlrdge over the years,i think shawn would know he has alot of info on ballooners and bikes in general,good lookin bike u have there
Thanks for the info. Im of the same mindset. Good to know some history on the whole build.

Paint scheme, from what I can see, looks pretty close. Paint color does not look factory. The seat is a cheap repo and detracts significantly from the bike IMO. V/r Shawn

Yea that isn’t a Whizzer frame. Most of these you run into are just the motors hung in a standard bike frame. As for the seat you need a sliding rail Mesinger. V/r Shawn

Factory whizzers came with break arm attachments welded to the frame..
The break arm bracket is welded on, and the frame is dimpled in the areas were the belt passes. Pics for example. In my research, it sounds like some frames were made this way for the kit. But of course could have been altered after it was manufactured. Thanks for the input.

bike5.jpg

bike4.jpg

Back