When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Whizzer Info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
With the welded on brake arm bracket, my guess is it's a WZ Schwinn.

"The Whizzer engine became so popular that several manufacturers produced a bike intended for mounting the Whizzer engine kit. The 1947 Schwinn WZ507 bike (later designated S4) was a variation of the Schwinn cantilever frame patented in 1937.( The term "CANTILEVER" indicates that the frame has two lower top tubes, which run all the way from the head tube, cross the seat mast, and continue down to the rear drop-out.)The welds were heavier, and spokes were .105 inch diameter as opposed to the .080 inch standard gauge. The earliest ones (WZ) have the inside of the rear seat stays and chain stays pressed flat for belt clearance. On the later ones, the stays are dimpled, and there is a welded on brake arm anchor point, which is then connected to the brake arm by a strut. Seems the coaster brake sometimes tore through the standard bicycle type strap, and in some cases bent or cracked the frame, so a welded on anchor point was provided. Schwinn’s "knee action" spring fork was used. A Schwinn front brake was provided to assist the standard coaster brake. The coaster brakes are Bendix, New Departure, and Morrow.(I can personally attest that stopping the rear wheel with the coaster brake does not necessarily stop the bike, so all my bikes have front brakes.)"

Skeezer

With the welded on brake arm bracket, my guess is it's a WZ Schwinn.

"The Whizzer engine became so popular that several manufacturers produced a bike intended for mounting the Whizzer engine kit. The 1947 Schwinn WZ507 bike (later designated S4) was a variation of the Schwinn cantilever frame patented in 1937.( The term "CANTILEVER" indicates that the frame has two lower top tubes, which run all the way from the head tube, cross the seat mast, and continue down to the rear drop-out.)The welds were heavier, and spokes were .105 inch diameter as opposed to the .080 inch standard gauge. The earliest ones (WZ) have the inside of the rear seat stays and chain stays pressed flat for belt clearance. On the later ones, the stays are dimpled, and there is a welded on brake arm anchor point, which is then connected to the brake arm by a strut. Seems the coaster brake sometimes tore through the standard bicycle type strap, and in some cases bent or cracked the frame, so a welded on anchor point was provided. Schwinn’s "knee action" spring fork was used. A Schwinn front brake was provided to assist the standard coaster brake. The coaster brakes are Bendix, New Departure, and Morrow.(I can personally attest that stopping the rear wheel with the coaster brake does not necessarily stop the bike, so all my bikes have front brakes.)"

Skeezer
Thanks, this sounds like the frame of my bike. And makes sense to the addition of a motor and drive belt. Thank God for the front break, cuz the rear break on mine is shot Im afraid. That is my next fix.

The welded bracket for the break arm extention is so there would be clearence for the drop stand tabs otherwise it would hit the standard break arm ..

Back