When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Whizzer restoration?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

GreenWizzer

'Lil Knee Scuffer
My father in law gave me this old Schwinn Whizzer that he used to ride with a motor on it until one day it left him stranded miles from home and he had to push it home. In frustration, he removed the motor and tank and deposited to the curb with the idea that he'd lighten it up and just ride it as a regular bike... I'd like to restore it to it's former glory, but haven't been able to land the right motor and tank. Any suggestions on where to turn? I work as a part time bike mechanic, so I am excited for this challenge, but have struggled with where to start for over a year. It just hangs from the rafters waiting. The frame has the serial number E50085.

Neat bike in a rare color Combo. 20 years or so back I purchased 1940 Schwinn Autocycle at Anne Arbor from the original owner...
the whole bike was repainted red, except the orig. tank...excellent preserved Tan and Dark Red 2 tone paint tank......
Bike was the same lay out (he had an orig pic of the bike new) as your Whizzer...tan frame and maroon fenders.
I ended up restoring the bike and returning to AA with it where the original owner returned to see the bike as
it looked new. Until now...the only Schwinn I had seen in this color combo. Very unusual and cool!

Looks like a 1948 - or so (guessing). Perfect for Whizzer motor installation. Original colors are super! I'd start with a repop Whizzer motor installation manual. Call Mike Steiff at Whizzer Works in Ohio for parts / guidance. (740) 756-4484.

@GreenWizzer if I were you I'd leave that bike as is in original paint - rare color combo. Just a nice clean up will do wonders. But I can see where you'd like to restore as well. Try @Xcelsior here on the Cabe, he's in WI also and specializes in Whizzers.
Thanks. I'm definitely leaving the paint original. I just want to get it as cleaned up as possible and functional as it was intended to be.

Back