When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Whizzer restoration?

-
Neat bike in a rare color Combo. 20 years or so back I purchased 1940 Schwinn Autocycle at Anne Arbor from the original owner...
the whole bike was repainted red, except the orig. tank...excellent preserved Tan and Dark Red 2 tone paint tank......
Bike was the same lay out (he had an orig pic of the bike new) as your Whizzer...tan frame and maroon fenders.
I ended up restoring the bike and returning to AA with it where the original owner returned to see the bike as
it looked new. Until now...the only Schwinn I had seen in this color combo. Very unusual and cool!
So I'm rereading old posts on my thread with new eyes as I've been working on this bike, reading and learning ( thanks Jay from LaCrosse). Anyway, are you saying that there is a tan and maroon tank? Have you ever seen another tank with that color scheme besides the one that was on that bike? Thanks for the input. Do you have a photo that you could share?

Just wanted to take a minute and provide an update on this project. First of all THANK YOU to all that have provided comment or reached out. I connected with Jay in LaCrosse through this conversation and that has made all the difference in this project getting traction and the bike coming out of the rafters and getting back to her former glory. We aren't done yet, but as you can see from the pictures, it's shaping up nicely. It's been a lot of work, but I'm really enjoying the process. The photos are from after Saturday's 12 hour build-a-athon, which culminated with Jay's rebuilt motor being fired up in the bike and running like a champ. Everything I currently have is on the bike, so if you see anything it needs or should be upgraded to do the bike right, please reach out. I welcome the suggestions from folks that know way more about this than I. I'm actively looking for reflectors, a better feather guard, and a rear rack.

Whizzer 2.jpg

Whizzer 3.jpg

Whizzer 1.jpg

Just to close the loop with this project, I finally was able to reunite my Father in Law with his Whizzer this weekend in Green Bay. It was really awesome to see him so happy to see it. Thanks to all for the comments and advice. Special thanks to Xcelsior for the work on this restoration and for helping me put a big smile on this good old guy's face.

Al with Whizzer Reunion.jpg

Al with Whizzer Reunion 2.jpg

Al with Whizzer Reunion 3.jpg

Back