When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn whizzer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Looks like the kind of notch done by a bike shop with a Whizzer notching tool, factory notches look the same as the one where the stays connect to the rear dropout plates, much deeper factory crimped!

Last edited:
serial number is on the bottom bracket

IMG_5576.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5579.jpg

IMG_5581.jpg

Not a prewar Schwinn, I see forward facing drop outs and a tapped chain guard bracket. The rear braces are just aftermarket axle mount type.
I'm leaning towards a 52 serial stamp since it's under the crank....they recycled numbers in 57, so I could see how it might be interpreted as that.

Reactions: mrg
Not a prewar Schwinn, I see forward facing drop outs and a tapped chain guard bracket. The rear braces are just aftermarket axle mount type.
I'm leaning towards a 52 serial stamp since it's under the crank....they recycled numbers in 57, so I could see how it might be interpreted as that.
He is still making it hard. Those pictures suck. The 1952 serial numbers are on the drop out. With those extra welds at the seat post this may have been a whizz at one time.

He is still making it hard. Those pictures suck. The 1952 serial numbers are on the drop out. With those extra welds at the seat post this may have been a whizz at one time.
Yep you're right, 51 was last year under crank. For some reason I keep associating 53 as the transition year.

Yeah, like it's been said before, will need a picture of the serial number to confirm a year.

Back