When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn World Voyageur SWEET!

-
No mention of the World Voyager in the catalogs but that's Sunset Orange right. So a 1973 color and no mention of that model in 73 either. The Voyager II came out in 1974. I'm surprised it's not in the catalogs! Did Metacortex discuss this model at one point? I'm thinking he had one and I sent him some Sunset bar tape.
Kinda late, it's Kool Orange. The Super Sport and Sports Tourer were Sunset.

Last edited:
Hey GT

It is curious about no catalog mention. They did put out a one sheet flyer about them. They were in 72 and 73. The Opaque Blue was only in 73 so they are harder to find. Metacortex (wish he would check in) is the go to guy on these for sure.

73dlsbv1b.jpg

73dlsbv2b.jpg

Nice info. Did you get that at a Picqua bike shop? One in there just like this that may have had a little drool still on it from me. If so I apologize 😀. I have recently become a big time lover of bar end shifters, also. Use to shy away from them until I got my 72 Crescent Pepita equipped with those. Now I am in the hunt for more, seem to be a little less awkward then down tube.

I've got an identical orange one that I bought brand new in Iowa in 1973 or 1974. I actually bought it for my wife about the time I bought a P13 Paramount. We were both 24 years old and I was more serious than she was. I could put up with the bother of sew up tires for a decade, but eventually usually rode alone and just jumped on the Voyager. I ended up with both bikes in the divorce some decades later as it was my most usual "go to" daily rider. Mine is nearly original only the seat and tires being changed. These were built by Panasonic? in Japan with the "World" badging. They were also sold in a flambouyant yellow, I think. It is a comfortable touring bike, 72 degree angles, I think and somewhat softer than the P13 which was actually short and stiff, maybe 74 degrees. I see these on Ebay at prices higher than Paramounts. Nice bike but I'd put them below Paramounts and Superiors, more like a high end Fuji or Mizutani.

Last edited:
I've got an identical orange one that I bought brand new in Iowa in 1973 or 1974. I actually bought it for my wife about the time I bought a P13 Paramount. We were both 24 years old and I was more serious than she was. I could put up with the bother of sew up tires for a decade, but eventually usually rode alone and just jumped on the Voyager. I ended up with both bikes in the divorce some decades later as it was my most usual "go to" daily rider. Mine is nearly original only the seat and tires being changed. These were built by Panasonic? in Japan with the "World" badging. They were also sold in a flambouyant yellow, I think.
Yes, made by a Panasonic for Schwinn. Not sure if the lower end World Travelers, World Tourers were also Panasonic made? “World” seemed to denote Japanese made.

Pretty sure these were offered in Kool Lemon, Opaque Blue and Kool Orange. Am I missing any other colors? Maybe Opaque Green?

Back