When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn WZ Whizzer Barn Find!

-

LuckySchwinning

Look Ma, No Hands!
I found this old Schwinn bike and was wondering if anyone had a clue what I should do with it. I took some pics to try to identify its age. Would a bike like this be a good candidate for restoration?
Best Regards

IMG_20170512_132952.jpg

View attachment 468277

IMG_20170512_133629.jpg

View attachment 468279

IMG_20170514_195959.jpg

IMG_20170514_200014.jpg

IMG_20170518_103837-2.jpg

That's a great looking bike. The serial number suggests 1950 since it's stamped under the BB. I don't think it rolled out of the factory this way. If it were my bike, I'd get it running and preserve it. Maybe find a better saddle; parts for the bicycle itself are not that difficult to find. As for the motor, I'm not too sure.

That's a great looking bike. The serial number suggests 1950 since it's stamped under the BB. I don't think it rolled out of the factory this way. If it were my bike, I'd get it running and preserve it. Maybe find a better saddle; parts for the bicycle itself are not that difficult to find. As for the motor, I'm not too sure.

The bike was used by a doctor for house calls in rural Southern Maine or N.H. I think the guys set it up to be utilized as his primary transportation. I do think that everything was purchased and put together at the same time. Just a guess since I have no idea :)

By preserve do you mean do a rust-oration? Leave it as is, but get it in proper running order. Yeah, the motor is the big question for me.

Thanks for the input.

Motor (with brass dip stick) would make it an early H model, unless it was added later. Twist grips are off a later model J or bought and added later. Serial No. in on other side of engine on drain plug area to left of timing marks. :D I have a list of over 750 Whizzer Serial no's.

Here a few more pics of the left side of the bike
Motor (with brass dip stick) would make it an early H model, unless it was added later. Twist grips are off a later model J or bought and added later. Serial No. in on other side of engine on drain plug area to left of timing marks. :D I have a list of over 750 Whizzer Serial no's.
I'll be right back with that number.. Thanks

IMG_2442.JPG

IMG_2462.JPG

IMG_2465.JPG

Back