When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Yellow band tandem hub

-

Mymando

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Looking for a Schwinn Yellow Band Tandem hub shell. Would consider a complete wheel hub with all the parts if the price is right.

Looking for a Schwinn Yellow Band Tandem hub shell. Would consider a complete wheel hub with all the parts if the price is right.
Hi there,I hope you dont mind a bit of advice. The Yellow Band hub is not good on a tandem. They simply dont have the braking power of the Red Band. Now,Im way above average weight and thought it was the reason mine didnt brake well, but it didnt work very well with my children riding either. I took the wheel to an old school Schwinn guy. He said the hub was not worn at all they just dont brake well. I'd use a Red Band with disk brakes IMHO

What about the larger gauge spokes? How did you address that problem? Thanks I appreciate any advice and help? Do you have a heavy duty “red band”? Thanks

I never switched the hubs,I sold the bike. Bendix did make a Red Band 2 speed for larger dia. spokes. Theyre around,you'll find one....You might find a Yellow Band first and have good luck with it,who knows?

Back