When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SchwinnKlunker 5

-
Price
$1000.00
Zipcode
I have a black klunker 5. I took photos of the badge and s/n. Another unique feature is the Union front hub and front axle brass bushings I have never seen before. My front hub also says WGERMANY 368.

IMG_4218.JPG

IMG_4219.JPG

IMG_4225.JPG

IMG_4227.JPG

Yeah, I believe Gary Fisher and/or Joe Breeze were threatening to sue because they came up with the name Klunker for their fire road racers. I should have checked the serial number to make sure. I'll post a pic later when i get home from work. I will take the post down after we try to solve the mystery. I'll probably repost with it with a different title and sell price. Thanks for your help!

The big red flag for me when I saw the bike in your post was the front hub. I knew either the front wheel was not original if it was a true KLUNKER 5, or the chain guard was a fake, and the bike was actually a Spitfire. I would be more concerned about the chain guard, and if it is actually authentic, rescreened, or if it has decals on it?

Either way, the bike is a Spitfire, and not a true KLUNKER 5. And this drastically affects the price!

The big red flag for me when I saw the bike in your post was the front hub. I knew either the front wheel was not original if it was a true KLUNKER 5, or the chain guard was a fake, and the bike was actually a Spitfire. I would be more concerned about the chain guard, and if it is actually authentic, rescreened, or if it has decals on it?

Either way, the bike is a Spitfire, and not a true KLUNKER 5. And this drastically affects the price!

Klunker 5.jpg

Klunker 6.jpg

Klunker 7.jpg

I have a black klunker 5. I took photos of the badge and s/n. Another unique feature is the Union front hub and front axle brass bushings I have never seen before. My front hub also says WGERMANY 368.

View attachment 1609814
I'd be curious to see if those brass bushings are on every Klunker 5. Not saying it's impossible, but from what I can tell, I think your picture shows a shim from a speedometer mount kit.

Back