When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Score of the century

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It's been offered around here for a week or so for$12g! Pretty sure no more money was offered to seller and was only bought to flip and make an outrageous profit, but to each their own!

I see no reason to pay a guy more for a bike, or anything for that matter, than what the owner has asked. that would just be silly. people make money from their knowledge, there is nothing wrong with that. why do electricians make $45.00 an hour? knowledge. same with wheeler dealers.

a good reason for not doing that is if I had something for sale for $500.00 and someone offered me $2,000.00 I would cancel the sale and go find out what it was really worth.

I see no reason to pay a guy more for a bike, or anything for that matter, than what the owner has asked. that would just be silly. people make money from their knowledge, there is nothing wrong with that. why do electricians make $45.00 an hour? knowledge. same with wheeler dealers.

a good reason for not doing that is if I had something for sale for $500.00 and someone offered me $2,000.00 I would cancel the sale and go find out what it was really worth.

Call me silly then or stupid if you like. The daughter of the original owner of this bike was asking $600. I gave her $700. Absolutely made her day. I was ecstatic because of obvious reasons. She even called me later with other parts she found. What goes around comes around.

Love...this...bike!!!!

The owner could have spent 5 minutes on google or the CABE and found out what he had. He apparently didn’t do that, so who’s fault is that?

I’ve been putting a brown Ranger together and was checking eBay everyday for parts, but apparently missed that day, oh well. There have been a few jeweled tank bikes in the last three years that have come out of this area for $525 or less, so while they’re far and few in between they are still out there guys!!!

EggZaklee if i see a bluebird for $50.00 im try’n for $20.00 Not my job to educate anyone

Offering someone more than what the bike is offered for is out of appreciation, especially under the circumstance when a bike is underpriced. My full deluxe all original 1939 Pacemaker was not for sale, I made a healthy offer still under retail value and the owner was blown away. He had no idea a bike could be worth that much. So it's appreciated for #1, taking care of the bike for the last umpteen years keeping it unharmed, #2, willing to sell it to me. He could have kept it. So I appreciate the fact I got the offer, and paid a friend a finders fee as well for doing the deal. Bottom line, these bikes won't be around forever. It's up to us to save every one of them. The more profiteers that destroy these bikes for greed, the less original examples will exist for future generations. My two little ones love the old bikes. And that's what it's all about. Teaching them what great things Americans built. Until the next score of the century....... keep them ridden, not hidden.

Offering someone more than what the bike is offered for is out of appreciation, especially under the circumstance when a bike is underpriced.

If they want to pay for the vehicle, gas ,time, etc.. + it costs to sell them too ..swap meets, pack'n, shpg, etc ..

Last edited:
Back