When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scored a red 64 super deluxe..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Very interesting! So your Ray is somewhat uncommon then with a very limited color.
Yes. When I found it on there I got really excited because it’s a red super deluxe!! The price was a great deal I couldn’t pass up. I emailed right when I saw it. I said do you still have the bike available? He said he had just posted the add a minute before he got my email. The guy said you better come get it in the morning or it will be gone. So I drove 2 hours both ways to get it. Not a bad drive. It’s weird there’s an A carved into the chain guard. My name is Al. So it’s cool that there’s an A on it.. This bike feels kinda like it was meant to be. I had some good luck. He said he got 10 other emails when I was driving down there to get it. But I was the first to email and he honored that and didn’t sell it to anyone else. Just feel really lucky to get this bike. Already even did some wheelies on it..
2B05D821-BFC3-4DF3-87A4-1E8670A31A15.jpeg

Hum,

So my Opal Violet K4 = Oct. 7, 1964 is a 65 Super Deluxe ?

I have several other Sept. and Oct. Super Deluxe models in a folder aside from mine.
Are they all 1965 Schwinn bikes ?

July 1964 Schwinn Reporter doesn’t state that these are a 1965 model.

View attachment 1057037
How Berry intestink! I've never seen Schwinn refer to any half year mark. Yet here you have their own reporter or insider's announcements make the claim! "1964 1/2"

That report could rock a great many collectors beliefs and assumptions across the whole board, identifying dates of all types of their bikes. 1954 1/2 Corvette, American,, Jag. etc. the list is huge.

b5971622-30ab-4e7c-b840-876ed0572f33-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice bike, red on the super deluxes were always end of 64 production and sold as 65s to my knowledge.
The "split bumper" the "1970 1/2" Camaro is exactly the same as a 70 and 71 only difference is they ran out of full size bumpers so to fill orders quicker they made "split bumpers" or 2 small bumpers mounted on both sides. Funny part is most of that model Camaro you see now a days has the split bumpers even when not a 70 1/2. Lol

I am not positive but that sure looks like Terra Cotta Red, same as my '64 Sierra and '62 Paramount. I don't think they offered "terra cotta"

in '65.
Nice find.

Cool bike, glad you scored it. Its nice that he honored your convo to buy the bike. Due to distance, time, $ needed quickly, I've had some sellers sell off bikes though promised first to sell to me. It's nice when peeps keep their word. Have fun cruising!

Back