When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scored this super nice 1963 Varsity Sport in nice original radiant red.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pedalsnostalgia

Finally riding a big boys bike
I added new bar tape, buffed up the brake handles, matching valve stim flags are fun, otherwise as found/received. very nice original.

IMG_6072.jpg

IMG_6073.jpg

IMG_6075.jpg

IMG_6076.jpg

Wow! That's in spectacular condition. Even the headbadge still has the red on it.
One of these was the first 10 speed bike that I ever saw, so has a nostalgic appeal for me.
What's the saddle on this one? I've never quite figured out what's correct for the '63 model. I'm leaning towards an Ideale #41, but don't really know.

Wow! That's in spectacular condition. Even the headbadge still has the red on it.
One of these was the first 10 speed bike that I ever saw, so has a nostalgic appeal for me.
What's the saddle on this one? I've never quite figured out what's correct for the '63 model. I'm leaning towards an Ideale #41, but don't really know.

This piece is exceptional! I had the pleasure of seeing this earlier when Jeff sent me some pictures for a preview. If I remember correctly the saddle is a Lycett. That is one thing he had a question about. The Lycett was also stated on the SLDB. Here's the 1962 parts sheet that states what was used on what for 1962 and possible for 1961 and earlier.

1665205761400.png

IMG_3895.jpg

Sorry first seat pic is from my lime 63 Sierra.

IMG_6074.jpg

Thanks Pedalsnostalgia.
I'm beginning to think that this is a case where Schwinn made a switch part way through the model year.
I've seen several each of these with the Ideale(I thought #41, but perhaps #42) and the Lycett L15ST.
Here are a couple pics I saved of a blue one that has the Ideale #41.

Last edited:
Back