When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scrambler Questions?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hey , I have as '75 Scrambler frame and fork that I was wanting to build up. My frame has no front chain guard mount and I see advertisements showing bikes wait a guard on the sprocket itself I think the are called rock guards? I wanted to know if anyone had a Scrambler like this and could get me some pics of the crank, sprocket, pedals, and stem from that year or a year that was similar. That way I will know what to look for. Anyone has parts for sale please contact me.

Linky?

Is this a scrambler specific part or just some Schwinn part that can be found elsewhere?

This is birdz bike a '75. I see the sprockets on the bay but no rock ring. I must need to keep looking.

That's what I saw in a scrambler ad in some CABE posting the other day. In @birdzgarage 's pics it is a lot more clear, and appears to be a sheet metal thing instead of a more serious bash guard. I cant imagine what else they would have used it on though. I just looked up the Varsity one and it appears to be the same bolt pattern, but it's way too big. Were there any 5 speed models without a conventional chain guard?

Last edited:
It's an early 75 scrambler only part. In the later part of 75 the started putting regular guards on them.i never found one for the silver 75 I had. I bought my gold one and sold it to a friend.he hasn't found one yet.the rarest of the 70s stingray frames.my favorite but only in og paint,as it can't be faked without paint touch up.

It's an early 75 scrambler only part. In the later part of 75 the started putting regular guards on them.i never found one for the silver 75 I had. I bought my gold one and sold it to a friend.he hasn't found one yet.the rarest of the 70s stingray frames.my favorite but only in og paint,as it can't be faked without paint touch up.
Is there a set pattern for the mounting holes on a rock ring, or does it depend on the sprocket? I see Scrambler sprockets with what seems to be the mounting holes for a ring. I wondered if I can use another type besides Schwinn.

I doubt these are standard. Someone needs to measure one. I think the Varsity would be the same, anyone know? You might even machine the teeth off of a Varsity outer chainring and come up with something that looks pretty close for a placeholder.

It's a standard 39 tooth schwinn bmx sprocket.late 70s early 80s.im pretty sure they all have the holes.besides 10 speeds it's the only schwinn of the era without a regular guard.maybe it was an aftermarket sourced part.i looked for over a year.i have friends in pretty high places in the vintage bmx world and still found it easier to buy a bike that had one.most were pulled and tossed in the trash.

Back