SCRAP bearing cages / smaller round parts / beer bottle caps WANTED

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
Looking for small round relatively lightweight stuff that I can use for fabrication. These would be parts that you might otherwise be scrapping, such as, bearing cages/races and rings and caps from hubs, etc. Heck, doesn't even need to be bicycle parts as long as they fit the bill.

BEER BOTTLE CAPS in very good condition also needed.

WHAT I DON"T NEED is bottom bracket bearing cups, or head tube cups, because they're just too clunky.

For your help, you will earn my eternal gratitude, be humbly thanked, and reimbursed postage plus a few bucks.

Last edited:

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
Hey @Hobo Bill
I just saw the photos that you added. Heck yes, I'd be happy to take any of that nice variety bearing cages you'd care to toss my way, if you're sure you won't be using them. With or without bearings, grease or no grease, it's all the same to me. Thanks for your response.

Last edited:

Hobo Bill

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jun 8, 2008
under the church floor
I'll chit-chat with you 'yawl soon...eyes gots yo addy..so dance the night astray....Boris

cartoon.JPG

Reactions: Boris

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
BUMP! Really could use some of your scrap spare parts similar to one shown in photo please.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

5760rj

I live for the CABE
Sep 19, 2017
When things get back to "normal", I could also really use several complete SCHWINN imprinted headset bearings like these too.

golden years huh? what could you be up to? if you take any manufacturers bearings than I might have a $_it load for you, let me know, some are schwinn, some aren't, please tell me these are not for Easter,.....

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
tumblr_ohru4mXgte1r868elo2_r1_250.gif

golden years huh? what could you be up to? if you take any manufacturers bearings than I might have a $_it load for you, let me know, some are schwinn, some aren't, please tell me these are not for Easter,.....
Yep, that's just about what my golden years look like, only I'm uglier.
The bearings weren't for Easter......at least not until you mentioned it. So yeah, any manufacturer would be fine with me. Although, I really don't need any more bottom bracket bearings.
I've got enough of those for my Easter baskets already.
And thanks for the timely tip. ;)

5760rj

I live for the CABE
Sep 19, 2017
Yep, that's just about what my golden years look like, only I'm uglier.
The bearings weren't for Easter......at least not until you mentioned it. So yeah, any manufacturer would be fine with me. Although, I really don't need any more bottom bracket bearings.
I've got enough of those for my Easter baskets already.
And thanks for the timely tip. ;)
can't get to the stash right now, my friend might be under the weather because he's not answering the door, so there's a slight delay, sorry. will look into it as soon as it safe....

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
can't get to the stash right now, my friend might be under the weather because he's not answering the door, so there's a slight delay, sorry. will look into it as soon as it safe....
That's perfectly fine with me. I just keep refreshing this page so that CABE members will keep it in the back of their minds while going through their parts with all their new-found free time. Thanks for the update Ron! I hope you, everyone else on the CABE, and your families stay healthy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5760rj

A.S.BOLTNUT

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 12, 2016
Corning Ca.
For future reference, I'm looking for the following parts as you're going through your parts bins with all your new-found free time.
I'll continue to refresh this ad occasionally but.....
I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO RISK EXPOSURE TO THE VIRUS BY SENDING ME ANY PARTS NOW!!!
When things return to "normal" we can deal with the actual exchange of goods.

If you have any cages that are missing bearings or just too worn to use or sell, and you were just going to throw out them out anyhow, I could sure use them for repurposing. The more the merrier. I don't care if they're greasy, slightly bent, or still have bearings in them. I'd also be happy to take any scored bearing races from bottom of steering column too, as well as rings and caps from hubs. Just looking for small round relatively lightweight stuff that I can piece together during my "Golden Years". They don't necessarily have to be bicycle parts, and I'm not asking you to do any heavy duty sorting, but if you do, I'll pay whatever you think is fair for your time.
WHAT I DON"T NEED is bottom bracket bearings and bottom bracket bearing cups, bottom bracket races or head tube cups, because they're too clunky.
You will be humbly thanked and reimbursed postage.

Need your address, a friend in need is a friend indeed!

This ad goes away when you register for an account!