When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sears bike. What do I have here.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wanted33

Finally riding a big boys bike
As many of you know I service used bikes, and get them to kids in my city that otherwise wouldn't have a bike. Recently I have partnered with a Methodist pastor that has a bike ministry that does the same. I take him adults bikes I have serviced, and geared bikes that my meager mechanical abilities can't work on. He knows I mess with old bikes, and he ask me if I wanted this one to service. He realizes these bikes should be collected, and not used. But, he doesn't deal with them. He passed this one to me today. I told him if I can find a market for it I would bring him the money for his ministry. So, I need some help. Is it worth anything, and worth the trouble? Thank you again for the help.

It's a Sears Free Spirit # U7686162. He put new tires on it, and stopped there. I know there are some things that shouldn't be there on this one.

free spirit.JPG

free spirit 1.JPG

And, just for fun here's one I got from him a little while back. I cleaned, and serviced it and have found a buyer. The money from this one will be used to buy more bikes to get to the kids. 1980 Schwinn Lil Chik.

100_5193.JPG

100_5198.JPG

The Sears appears to be one of the the bikes below...1976, 1977. If so, it's obviously missing many original parts. It's cool the way it sits. Not sure what the value would be.
Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 9.47.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 9.55.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 9.57.56 PM.png

The Sears appears to be one of the the bikes below...1976, 1977. If so, it's obviously missing many original parts. It's cool the way it sits. Not sure what the value would be.

Thank you sir, I was thinking there may be more to the story on this one. I'll just service the bearings, and get it out to a young one. It can still make a kid happy, and that's the main thing.

No problem. Everyone here is very helpful when it comes to providing information. As a side note, I think I was incorrect on the very first picture I posted above. The frame appears to be a little different on that one compared to yours and the other two I posted. Thank you for what you are doing by the way. I have a non-profit bike shop not too far from me that I have purchased parts as well as a bike. I admire what they and you are doing...bettering the community around us.

Back